General English/Examination English – Night Classes
We offer quality English tuition and have a Category 1 rating by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority putting us in the top level of colleges in New Zealand.
Southern Lakes English College provides a fun, motivating communicative approach to English learning ensuring that students make excellent progress in all areas of English.
NIGHT CLASSES ARE GOOD FOR YOU IF:
- You would like to relax during the daytime and enjoy activities available in Queenstown.
- You would like to ski during the daytime in winter and study at night.
- You have a day job and are looking for a more flexible timetable.
Elementary to Upper Intermediate
18 Years old
Students can also book to study shorter hours and start at 6.05pm or 7.35pm depending on their visa.
Average 11 or 12, maximum 17.
ORIENTATION & CLASS PLACEMENT:
You will receive a placement test and orientation on your first Monday usually from 8.45am.
Students are usually tested on Mondays once a week every week and are advanced to higher levels as competence is attained at each class level.
Students will focus on speaking, listening, pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing skills in a communicative way.
- Courses run from January to December with a 2-week break around Christmas and New Year but are subject to availability and student numbers.
- Feedback reports are also given for students. This is in the form of a tutorial with the teacher and written feedback from both student and teacher.
- A certificate of attendance (minimum 24 hours) and a final graduation report minimum (minimum 50 hours) is awarded at graduation.
- Students may be able to transfer from the daytime timetable to the evening timetable and vice versa. However, this is subject to availability and will be looked at on a case by case basis.