We offer Quality English tuition and have a high rating by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority putting us in the top level of colleges in New Zealand.
Southern Lakes English College provides a fun, motivating communicative approach to English learning ensuring that students make excellent progress in all areas of English with a special focus on speaking & listening skills.
- The average class size is 11 or 12 with a maximum of 17 students per class.
- Morning classes develop speaking, listening, pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing skills in a communicative way.
- Afternoon classes concentrate on developing fluency and confidence in English with the aim to develop speaking, listening and vocabulary skills.
- Students are tested every week and advanced to higher levels as competence is attained at each class level.
- Feedback reports are also given for students. This is in the form of a tutorial with the teacher and a written feedback from both student and teacher.
- A certificate of attendance and a final graduation report is awarded at graduation.
- We offer all levels from Beginner to Advanced.
- Courses run from January to December with a 2-week break around Christmas and New Year
- We have a wide variety of different nationalities from all over the world.
- Students improve quickly with our English-only policy and extracurricular activities after school.