English + Ski / Snowboard
Southern Lakes specialises in English plus Ski or Snowboard from June to September. Learn English in the morning and enjoy skiing/snowboarding in the afternoon.
We are ideally located close to Coronet Peak (20 mins’ drive from the ski lifts) – Queenstown’s top ski field and also near to the Remarkables, Snowpark, Cardrona and Treble Cone ski fields.
We also provide English tuition for ski/snowboard instructor training, train workers for the ski fields and also teach English to international racers from the international teams that train on the local ski fields.
All transport to & from college and mountain is in organised transport.
English plus Skiing/Snowboarding courses provide morning English tuition followed by afternoon skiing or snowboarding 5 (option 1) or 3 (option 2) afternoons a week.
- Start every Monday between June and September inclusive
- Length of course is one week to full season
- Beginner to Advanced English and ski/snowboard skills
Ski + Snowboard Instructor Training
- English tuition and course materials 5 days a week
- Ski passes for duration of course and transport to and from ski area
- All Transport to & from college & ski mountain in buses.
- Ski/snowboard guides on the mountain
- Use of school ski/snowboard storage facilities and drying area.
- A school and environment that is crazy about snow sports in winter
We have some equipment that students can borrow but this is subject to availability so students need to organise rental equipment and lessons at extra cost. Also, another activity will be organised if the mountain is closed and all students need to be adequately insured as no refunds can be offered if students can no longer participate due to injury.