English + Fruitpicking
Improve your English with us, and then begin work at an orchard or winery in Central Otago!
This will help you get the best out of your fruit picking time after your course you will be able to continue to practise your English with workers from all over the world and earn money to continue your stay.
- Working Holiday Visa.
- Seasonal Work Permits can also be provided for non-working holiday visa holders. (Ask for further information)
- Minimum 6 weeks of English study.
- Starting English study between October and March.
- General English lessons for all levels. Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 3.00pm.
- At the end of your course, you will start your work with an orchard or winery in Central Otago . You will be able to work there for as long as you wish for the season, which runs from October to April.
- We will organise your placement and your transfer to your work place at the end of your English course. Most orchards or wineries are within one hour’s drive from Queenstown.
Most orchards/ wineries also provide cheap staff accommodation on site, which can be as low as $25/week.
Pay varies but is usually $14/15 per hour. During the busiest period in December and January fruitpickers also receive bonuses for amounts picked and can earn well.