The University of Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is the most internationally-recognised qualification in English language teaching. It provides trainees with teaching knowledge and methodology, practical techniques and hands-on teaching experience.
Who is it for?
It is for trainees who would like to teach English to international students or non-native English speakers anywhere in the world.
The CELTA is an initial teaching qualification which is suitable for trainees with no teaching experience or for trainees with some teaching experience but no formal qualification.
- 8 May 2017 to 2 June 2017
- 25 September to 20 October 2017
HOURS PER WEEK:
MAXIMUM CLASS SIZE:
12 trainees per course with 2 full-time tutors.
Content and Assessment
Coursework and performance is continuously assessed by tutors and is also moderated by an external assessor appointed by Cambridge.
The final certificate is issued by Cambridge ESOL.
- Be a native speaker or have a high level of English (IELTS 7.5 or equivalent).
- Be at least 18 years old although preferably 20 or older.
- Be able to assimilate knowledge and develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers in a short period of time.
- Be able to commit to the four-week course.
HOW CAN I ENROL?
Applicants need to complete:
- CELTA Info – DOWNLOAD PDF
- The CELTA application form – DOWNLOAD PDF
- A Pre-Interview task – DOWNLOAD PDF
- A face-to-face or skype interview
Please send application documents and/or any further questions to Ms. Celestina Froude on email@example.com or call Celestina on +64 3 442 7810. If you need to post your application documents, please send them to PO Box 2018 – Wakatipu – 9349.
AFTER COMPLETING YOUR COURSE:
SLEC has links with agencies all over the world which can help you find a work placement as an ESOL teacher. Advice will be given concerning finding future work.